Do you love trekking? If yes we’ll introduce you to the top five trekking destinations for beginners in Nepal in this blog.
Nepal is surrounded by the Himalayas. It’s home to 8 of the world’s highest mountains, including Everest. Forget horses or mules, trekkers in Nepal often have yaks as their companions. The world’s highest lake Tilicho Lake is in Nepal. Nepal is also famous for the Monastery in clouds and footprints of yet. But, Nepal is mostly known for the mountains and adventure treks. This trek includes trekking destinations, best seasons, and gears for beginners. Visit Tidy Himalaya for a more detailed itinerary.
Poonhill Trek is a popular trekking destination in the Annapurna region of Nepal. For travelers who have limited days in Nepal, the Poonhill trek is the best option. It’s known for its stunning scenery, including panoramic views of the Himalayas, and its relatively easy access. The trek typically ranges from 7-8 days depending on your fitness level.
It’s a perfect introductory trek for beginner trekkers. The Ghorepani Poonhill trekking route is moderate. Slight ascend and descend trails make the trek doable even for beginners. The trail goes through the rhododendron forests and traditional villages. Witness the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Manasalu ranges throughout the trails. Sunrise at Poonhill has its magical presence. Sunrise over these majestic mountains splashing the hues of colors is undisputedly the highlight of this trek.
What to expect during the Ghorepani Poonhill trek?
- Panoramic Himalayan Vistas include Annapurna South, Annapurna Ⅰ, the iconic fishtail Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri.
- Unlike other treks, the Ghorepani Poonhill trek has relatively easy access for a wide range of hikers.
- Sunrise Spectacle at Poon Hill is the undisputed highlight of the trek. Witness the golden glow of snow-capped peaks bathe in colors.
- From lush rhododendron forests and terraced fields, the Ghorepani Poonhill trek offers diverse landscapes.
Annapurna Base Camp is a bit longer than the Ghorepani Poonhill trekking but still doable for beginners. ABC Trek is one of the most popular trekking routes in the world and for a good reason. Annapurna gets closer as you ascend revealing the stunning views. Be rewarded by the incredible views of the Himalayas. The trekking difficulties for Annapurna base camp range from moderate to difficult. The trail isn’t difficult but be prepared especially if you beginner.
The trek typically takes several days, starting from Pokhara. The hike continues through rhododendron forests, rice paddies, and small villages. The Scenery is truly stunning and makes you fall in love with it. The trail becomes steeper and more challenging but the views get even better. The best seasons to visit Annapurna Base Camp are during spring and autumn season.
What to expect in ABC trek
- Relaxing natural hot shower at Jhinu Danda. Easing your muscles and enjoying the therapeutic benefits after a day’s trek.
- Wildlife encounters like Himalayan tahrs, pheasants, and even the elusive red panda can be seen.
- Visit Buddhist monasteries nestled amidst the mountains, experiencing the spiritual vibes and ancient practices.
- Immerse yourself in the rich culture of the Gurung and Magar people, encountering their traditional way of life.
The trek to a hidden gem, nested amidst the Langtang National Park. Trek to Langtang Valley promises breathtaking Scenery, rich cultural encounters, and reconnecting with nature. The trek takes 8-10 days to complete. The trail leads to vibrant wildflowers, yaks graze, and diverse landscapes. The Langtang Valley unfolds like a canvas painted by nature.
The trails are designed for both beginners and experienced trekkers. It’s perfect for new hikers or short day hikes to explore hidden valleys and ancient monasteries. The trek difficulty is moderate. Find yourself humbled by the majesty of the Himalayas. The trek offers a chance to reconnect with nature. The best season to visit Langtang is spring and autumn seasons.
What to expect in Langtang Valley trek.
- Hike to the dotted glacial wonderland and witness the peaks dominating the skyline.
- Encounter heard of yaks gazing peacefully in alpine meadows.
- Get a chance to explore less-known places like Langtang Lirung Valley and Kyanjin Gompa Valley.
- Hike to Tserko Ri Peak for panoramic views or explore surrounding glaciers for a sense of adventure.
The Everest view trek offers a unique opportunity to stand in its shadow and witness its breathtaking grandeur. Experience the warm hospitality of the Sherpa people. The trails lead to the Khumbu Valley, a land blessed with snow-capped peaks and vibrant prayer flags. Witness the glacial rivers, and yak transporting goods along ancient trade routes.
The iconic Tengboche Monastery and the spiritual wind chant old peaceful mantras. Find inner peace and soak in the spiritual atmosphere. But the major highlights of the Everest View trek are Kala Patthar. Witness the sunrise paint the mountains in golden and orange on Everest, Lhotse, and Ama Dablam. The trek to Everest view trek is suitable for beginners too. The trail is moderate in comparison to the Everest base camp trek.
What to Expect in Everest Views Trek
- Stand face to face with iconic Everest, Lhotse, and Ama Dablam.
- The trek unfolds the picturesque Khumbu valley with snow-capped peaks, verdant forests, and glacial rivers.
- Conquering Kala Patthar perched at 5,545 meters and gets a sense of accomplishment upon reaching the summit.
- Discover a diverse ecosystem with rhododendron forests, alpine meadows, and glacial streams, home to rare species like Himalayan tahrs and snow leopards.
Jomsom Muktinath trek isn’t just a trek it’s an emotion. The Jomsom Muktinath trek in Nepal promises an unraveling tapestry of cultural treasures and a touch of adventure. Mustang, nested within the rain shadow of the Himalayas, boasts a distinct dry climate. Witness Kaligandaki River and ancient villages reminiscent of Tibet. Pay respect and understand the true meaning of chants of monks echoing through monasteries.
The best time to visit Jomsom Muktinath Nepal is during spring (March-May) or autumn (September-November) due to weather conditions, clear skies, and comfortable temperatures. The difficulty level of this trek ranges from basic to moderate. The trek takes several days to complete. For beginners trek to Jomsom Muktinath trek is perfect.
What to expect in the Jomsom Muktinath trek?
- Visit the revered Muktinath temple, a holy site for both Hindus and Buddhists.
- Bathe in the 108 sacred tapes believed to cleanse sins and feel the aura of the holy site.
- Witness the majestic Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges up close.
- Explore lesser-known valleys like Kagbeni and Marpha, each offering unique charm and hidden gems.
Trekking in Nepal has its charm. It’s a dream come true for many trekkers. Even if you’re a beginner don’t stop dreaming. The journey is as beautiful as the destination itself. From lush forests to desert trails, Nepal has a lot to offer. The trek whispers the hidden valley, Tibatan tapestry, sacred pilgrimage, and adventure of winning over the trek. The Jomsom Muktinath trek, Everest View Trek, Langtang Valley, Annapurna Base Camp, Poonhill Trek, etc. are trekking destinations for beginners. Hire a guide or potter if you trekking for the first time.